A few months ago, each of my 4 daughters got an invitation that looked like this:
Once upon a time……
“My Grown Up Girl’s Getaway”
(just your sisters and mommy)
Thursday, July 15-Friday, July 16
Park City
(families are invited to join us Friday night-Saturday)
The daddy, uncle, and grandpa each arranged their schedules
to allow us girls two days and a night without the munchkins.
THANKS GUYS!!
THANKS GUYS!!
The first order of business was to go to the pool to see what it was like to just lay in the sun without worrying about anyone drowning! (By the way, it was lovely.)
Did Abby think this wasn't going on the ol' blog? Duh!
Here we have Linsay and Darcy enjoying the sun.
What kind of a "girly" trip would it be without a few shopping trips?
The girls were each given $10.00 and assigned a sister to shop for. They were on a mission to find something that reminds them of their assigned sister.
Darcy and Abby thought they were HILARIOUS as they stocked Haley, Linsay and I from across the street.
We later had a delicious dinner at Ruby Tuesday's and the girls presented their gifts to each other and each one told of qualities they admired in each other. They said all the things a mommy wants to hear them say about their sisters.
(Insert photo here. Oops, it got deleted when Darcy's camera was being played with!
Oh, well, I'll use these here.)
The men and children arrived a little sooner than we had hoped. The pedis were supposed to be finished before they arrived. Unfortunatly, or fortunatley, depending who you are, the little girls were in on the action.
Annie gets better every time! (Hmmm, I wonder where Robbie is?)
The girls had each chosen a recipe to prepare for dinner
Friday night when the family arrived.
Her recipes were the artichoke and spinach dip, and baby back ribs Yummmmmmm!

I came through with the salad (lettuce from our own garden, hehe)
and biscuits which I have to say, were a hit!
Here's Abby working hard on her recipe for dinner.
We had WAVES of fun
at the pool!
at the pool!
Hudson, Annistyn, Robbie and Camdyn
John and Huds

![]() |
| Linsay |
![]() |
| "Swimming Buddies" Cam and Jilly |
Camdyn
Annie
Robbie and Darcy watch Dannon THROW Cam into a flip!
She loved it!
Our teeny tiny Haidy Lady Bug, loves food!
Robbie doesn't mind a little baby spit.
![]() |
| Haley, Linsay, Jill, Darcy, Abby |
Hudson
![]() |
| Darcy and Robbie |

We get a kick out of taking John's picture to remind
us of his "affinity for solitude"
(as one book described his personality type quite accurately).



































4 comments:
I am so jealous....so much fun! You are a great mommy. Girls weekends are the best!
Wow! Looks like so much fun! Your amazing! Thanks for sharing your fabulous trip!
Thanks for a wonderful weekend! Can't wait to get my next invitation! Love ya!
So glad you told me about this blog! I feel like I am in touch with the Davis' again. So cute!!
I am getting ideas...
Post a Comment