Run for the RED

Strangely enough, our little people have been so looking forward to this day.
Yes, another day where we paid money to run! Absurd, isn't it?
In the days before the big event, we did a couple
of practice runs with the children.
Camdyn drew me this picture of herself and me on the upcoming day.
 Hudson had worn sandals all summer and when it came time to put
on shoes, of course his feet had become gigantic!
When we went to get him a new pair of running shoes
 we were shocked to find out he was in
"big kid sizes."
(Yes, those are the feet of a three and a half
year old.)
After he tried them out on a few laps in the store and
declared "they're awesome", he wore them home.
 

The children were thrilled with the loot they got in their goody bags.
 
Hopefully it kept them entertained while Darcy and I ran the 5k. They waited patiently for us to return cheering us over the finish line. They had to wait quite a long time for me to get there after Darcy and kept asking, "Where's Jilly?" hey, I made it eventually. Won't say how long AFTER Darcy, but she did set a new record for herself.
SHE ROCKED!!!

 They let Haidy out of the stroller to "squeek" around.
Yes, her little sivler glittery shoes have a squeeker
in them and she was quite the attraction in them.


This little tiger couldn't wait to RUN! The next day
he had trouble when it came to stairs
 "ooo, my legs hurt!"

Camdyn's ready to run in style.

Not sure who this guy is, exactly. Some "bird". Anyway, he signed Hudsy's number.
That's what he's doing.

Kind of a cute "T", huh?
 

 
Great shot of Darc about to cross the finish line with her "personal best." Give me about 12 minutes and I'll be there!
(I've got a long way to go!)



'k, there I am, behind that guy. I'm going to have to remember to put on my happy face as I cross the finish from now on. See little Camdy's head there cheering for me? That was worth it all!!


Time for the "kids run." Oops, I'd better get over there. I'm Camdyn's buddy. Darcy ran with Annie, Robbie ran with Hudson. And me, well, once I got over there they'd already started so Cam and I didn't get a real good start. Running isn't for everyone, but boy if there was a prize for skipping, twirling and waving to the policemen, Camdyn would surely be the winner!!

Abby was a little irked at the cheerleader that stepped in front of Hudson at the end of the race just as she was ready to take his picture. He was the winner, which is very important to him, at least in the family. 

Show Linsay and Dannon those metals.
(They were in Park City for the weekend celebrating their 7th anniversary.)


Nice picture of your finger, Abby....twice!


So cheezy, so fun!

2 comments:

Robbie and Darcy said...

I knew I was forgetting something! I totally forgot to blog about this. I'm pretty sure someone forgot to send me pictures! You did great! It was so much fun! Nice job! See ya at the next race!

Hartman Fam said...

What a fun time! Would have loved to be there, I hate missing out on fun things with my girls. We did have a great time for our EIGHTH anniversary though. THANKS Mom, loves!